Frequently Asked Questions
The National Law Universities/Institutes that are part of the CLAT 2016 according to their year of establishment are :
1. National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore, 2008
2. NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad, 2008
3. The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata, 2008
4. The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal, 2008
5. National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur, 2008
6. Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur, 2008
7. Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar, 2008
8. Dr. Ram ManoharLohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow, 2009
9. Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna, 2009
10. The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi, 2009
11. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala, 2009
12. National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi, 2012
13. National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack, 2012
14. National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam, Guwahati, 2012
15. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam, 2014
16. Tamil Nadu National Law School, Srirangam, 2015
17. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU), 2016
Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in CLAT-2016
1. Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with the minimum of:-
a. Forty-five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/SAP (Specially Abled Persons) Categories and
b. Forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST Category.
2. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2016 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2016 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
3. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT- 2016
Source of Information – CLAT E Brochure on CLAT website link - https://clat.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/E-Brochure_Front-Pages.pdf
The seats under NRI / NRI Sponsored Category in all the participating universities except WBNUJS, Kolkata, West Bengal, shall be filled by the concerned Universities independently on the basis of CLAT merit and not through CLAT office. The candidates are advised to contact the concerned University directly for admission formalities, eligibility, documents required and other related queries for seeking admission under NRI / NRI sponsored category.
The detailed information regarding admission under NRI / NRI Sponsored Category in WBNUJS, Kolkata, (West Bengal) is mentioned here under:
Seats: UG – 17; PG – NIL
Through CLAT Office: CLAT Office shall issue the list of students eligible for taking admission under this category.
Documents required at the time of admission:
NRI – i. Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student, ii. Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months, and iii. Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is a NRI/OCI or PIO Card
NRI Sponsored: i. Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Sponsor, ii. Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor, iii. Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is a NRI/ OCI or PIO Card, and iv. An affidavit by the sponsor indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and willingness to fund the education of student over the next 5 years.
Who can be a sponsor for the NRI Sponsored Students: a) The person who sponsors the student for admission shall be a first degree relation of the student and shall be ordinarily residing abroad as a Non Resident Indian; OR b) If the student has no parents or near relatives or taken as a ward by some other nearest relative, such students also may be considered for admission provided the guardian has bona fide treated the student as a ward and such guardian shall file and affidavit indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and also his/her relationship with the student and such person also shall be Non Resident Indian and ordinarily residing abroad.
The fees to be remitted while submitting the Application Form of CLAT 2016 shall be as per the following:
a) For General/OBC/PWD and other category candidates: 4000/-,
b) For SC/ST category candidates: 3500/-.
The candidates will have to bear the bank transaction costs for remitting the fee online while submitting the application form.
Previous Years Question Paper Booklets can be procured both online and offline by remitting a charge of 250/-.
For procuring the Booklets via post from CLAT Office (at GNLU) an additional amount of 150/- shall be provided towards postal charges. The supply will start after the notification of CLAT-2016.
The CLAT-2016 Question Paper for UG courses shall have multiple choice type questions as per the following scheme:
(a) Maximum Marks : 200
(b) Duration of CLAT-2016 : 02:00 Hours
(c) Total Number of Questions : 200
(d) Subject areas with weightage:
1. English including Comprehension : 40 Marks
2. General Knowledge and Current Affairs : 50 Marks
3. Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) : 20 Marks
4. Legal Aptitude : 50 Marks
5. Logical Reasoning : 40 Marks
(e) Negative Marking: 0.25 Mark/wrong answer
There shall be a system of negative marking wherein 0.25 mark will be deducted for each of the wrong answers.
Our Top Achievers
WordPress Responsive Slider Plugin Develop & Designed by A WP Life Team